April 1, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
The Center for Materials in Extreme Dynamic Environments (CMEDE) is pleased to announce its third annual MEDE Undergraduate Internship Program.
The Center for Material in Extreme Dynamic Environments provides funding for selected students to work with MEDE Principal Investigators at participating universities.
The internship covers the student’s salary at a wage consistent with respective institution’s policies. The length of the internship is approximately 2-3 months. It is anticipated that the majority of these internships would occur during the summer of 2016. Funding for travel and housing is the responsibility of the student applicant.
Eligible applicants are current undergraduates at MEDE consortium universities.
- Name of applicant, institution, and contact information
- A copy of an email from the MEDE principal investigator (PI) agreeing to serve as the internship host for the student applicant. A listing of the current MEDE PIs is located HERE.
- A short description of research areas of interest
- A curriculum vitae or resume of the applicant
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s academic transcript at their current institution
DEADLINES AND EVALUATIONS
Applications are due by 5 p.m. Friday, April 1, 2016. Please email the application as a single PDF document to Bess Bieluczyk at [email protected]. The applications will be evaluated by a CMEDE committee that will make recommendations to the CMEDE Director. Notification of awards is anticipated by the end of April 2016.
If you have any questions please contact Bess Bieluczyk at [email protected] or 410-516-7794.