March 27, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
The Hopkins Extreme Materials Institute’s annual HEMI Seed Grant Program provides seed funding to advance the fundamental science associated with materials and structures under extreme conditions.
While all directions related to the HEMI Mission will be considered, some directions of particular interest include:
- Structures in extreme environments, such as blast, extreme temperatures, impact/crash, natural hazards, disasters, nuclear events
- Materials behavior and performance in extreme environments, such as extreme temperatures or pressures, intense radiative environments, extreme electromagnetic fields
- High-power laser interactions with matter
- Materials and structures applications in planetary science, space science and geophysics
- Applications of 3D printing or additive manufacturing techniques to design for dynamic or impact loadings
- Social science perspectives that relate to the broad HEMI mission
Please email the proposal as a single PDF document and the budget/budget justification in Excel to the HEMI Research Service Manager, Phyllis Sevik ([email protected]). Click here for eligibility and award information, proposal format, and obligations of award recipients.