April 25 @ 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
The Hopkins Extreme Materials Institute is pleased to announce its annual HEMI Seed Grant Program. The goal of this program is to provide seed funding to advance the fundamental science associated with materials and structures under extreme conditions.
While all directions related to the HEMI Mission will be considered, some directions of particular interest include:
- Structures in extreme environments, such as blast, extreme temperatures, impact/crash, natural hazards, disasters, nuclear events
- Materials behavior and performance in extreme environments
- High-power laser interactions with matter
- Materials and structures applications in planetary science, space science and geophysics
- Hypersonics and hypersonic applications
- Dual-phase combustion of metal powders and the generation of nano oxide particles
- Materials and structures for energy applications, including energy storage
- AI/ML applied to Extreme Environments
All faculty and researchers at the Johns Hopkins University, as well as Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) Staff, who can serve as Principal and Co-Investigators are eligible to apply. Existing HEMI fellows are encouraged to apply.
The total budget request for a faculty member or team may not exceed $25,000. The project period is up to one year. HEMI leadership anticipates funding at least one seed grant award.