May 29, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
The Hopkins Extreme Materials Institute (HEMI) and the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) are pleased to announce the Semester Artist/Designer in Residence. The goal of this artist/designer in residence is to bring MICA and JHU faculty together to collaborate and explore ways to represent, visualize, and/or interpret HEMI research. Visual representations of HEMI research can include, but are not limited to:
- Data visualization
- Interpretation, translation, and/or effective communication of large amounts of data
- Response to research regarding HEMI ‘extreme’ events, collaborations, interdependent systems through:
- Storyboarding and narrative
- Graphic Design and graphics
- Interactive arts or products
- Information visualization
- Sculptural forms or materials
The semester in residence is expected to take place either in the fall semester from late August – early December 2015 or in the spring semester from January – early May 2016.
For more information regarding the Artist/Designer in Residence program and proposal criteria, please click here.
Proposals are due by 5 p.m., Friday, May 29, 2015. Please email the proposal as a single PDF document to the HEMI Senior Administrative Coordinator, Ms. Bess Bieluczyk ([email protected], 410.516.7794). Questions may be addressed to Ms. Bieluczyk as well.