HEMI/MICA EXTREME ARTS SUMMER PROJECT/INTERNSHIP
The Hopkins Extreme Materials Institute (HEMI) and the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) are pleased to announce the Summer Project/Internship. The goal of this project/internship is explore visual representations of the HEMI organization, structure, current research, and relationships. For reference, a list of HEMI faculty and their research can be found here. Visual representations can include, but are not limited to: storyboarding and narrative, animation, photography, graphic design, interactive arts or products, games, information visualization, illustration, or drawing.
HEMI expects the internship to take place between June 1st and August 15th each year.
Current MICA undergraduate or graduate students are eligible to apply for this internship. The applicant will also need to identify a MICA faculty member who will serve as the advisor for this summer project/internship.
The total award for this summer project/internship is $3,000. $2,000 will be granted to the student as a stipend that will also cover any supplies or expenses. $1,000 will be granted to the MICA faculty member for his/her time to support and oversee the development of the project.
- Title Page – Include proposal title, student and faculty names and their contact information (emails and phone numbers)
- Narrative – Not to exceed three pages. The narrative should address the following:
- Describe the research or work you intend to pursue as part of this internship.
- Describe the materials, methods and/or types of representation you intend to use for the exploration.
- Identify the goals and objectives for the project. What do you hope to achieve?
- Description of what you anticipate will be the final deliverable(s)
- Project Timeline (including deadlines and evaluation)
- Portfolio of relevant work (include images or link to website)
- Statement by MICA faculty member acknowledging their willingness to advise the student for the duration of this project/internship.
- Resume or curriculum vitae of the student
- Copy of student’s academic transcript
- Curriculum vitae of the MICA faculty member
Finalists may be invited to meet with HEMI Faculty.
Proposals will be accepted until Monday, March 13, 2017. Please email the proposal as a single PDF document to the HEMI Senior Administrative Coordinator, Ms. Bess Bieluczyk ([email protected], 410.516.7794). Questions may be addressed to Ms. Bieluczyk as well.
Questions? Please contact Bess Bieluzcyk at [email protected].