HEMI and the Materials Science in Extreme Environments University Research Alliance (MSEE URA) created the Workforce Development Event series to help prepare attendees for post-graduation employment. Taught by experts, these workshops are appropriate for researchers and graduate students looking to hone their skills in topics ranging from storytelling in science to interviewing and networking. Registration is required for attendance.
Previous Workforce Development Events include:
- Industry Career Panel, featuring panelists Nasim Eibagi, Alex Kinsey, and Meng Zhao
- Technical Presentations – How to Grab (and Keep) Your Audience’s Attention, hosted by Professor Lori Graham Brady
- Storytelling in Science, hosted by Professor Todd Hufnagel
- Improve Your Interviewing and Networking Skills with Improv, hosted by Professor Michael Hartwell and Professor Tavish Forsyth
- Careers in National and Defense Department Laboratories Panel, featuring panelists Laura Berzak Hopkins, Dylan Kline, Chris Murzyn, and Kyle Overdeep