1. Finalized two abstracts: a) twinning dynamic work for TMS; b) asteroid work for SES
2. Worked and discussed the drag calculation and Mg paper with Shailendra with great details. We found the problem in the calculation of the viscous drag velocity. I’ll present that in the group meeting today and will correct the text and the plot in the manuscript by tomorrow.
1. Worked with Haitham El Kadiri on Mg single crystal results. The objective is to understand the twin boundary interaction with c+a dislocation from the TEM, EBSD and DIC results. As a last experimental part of this work, I am planning to go to Drexel next week to perform a uniaxial c axis compression up to 0.5% strain. The goal is to understand if basal cross-slip onto non-basal planes is likely to occur before activation of c+a slip.
2. Worked on KTs review on Mg single crystal work. The paper will be ready by tomorrow.
1. Worked with Haitham El Kadiri on Mg single crystal results. The objective is to understand the twin boundary interaction with c+a dislocation from the TEM, EBSD and DIC results. Inspiring from the strain rate effect of twin variant selection, we are also looking in the effect of pre-existing dislocation in twin variant selection under quasi-static regime.
2. Worked with Charles on the idea of the effect of the thermal fatigue on the observable traits of the planetary bodies. We found some correlation between thermal inertia and the particle size distribution of the regolith that can be justified by thermal fatigue induce disaggregation.