Critical Conversations Anne Moore Senior Organization Effectiveness Consultant Office of Organization Development and Effectiveness Johns Hopkins University
September 16, 2021 3-5 PM ETThis session focuses on the use of powerful conversations that become transformational as they create mutual learning and lead to committed action. Studies have shown that by holding these crucial conversations well, communications become more open, honest, respectful, and problems can be resolved. Participants will learn how to use conversation to strengthen connections and facilitate change. The best individuals, teams and organizations demonstrate an ability to engage in meaningful dialogue as they effectively manage those conversations where the stakes are high, opinions vary and emotions run strong- those crucial conversations. By learning more about dealing with misperceptions, violated expectations and difficult behavior, individuals can become more influential and impactful in their personal and professional lives. By participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what a critical conversation is and how to spot the conversations that are keeping you from what you want
- Explore how to make it safe to talk about almost anything
- Discuss how to stay in dialogue when you’re angry, scared, or hurt
- Learn how to listen when others blow up or clam up
- Turn critical conversations into action and results.