- Ph.D., Physics, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1982
- M.Sc., Physics, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1978
- B.S., Physics, University of Illinois, Chicago, 1976
Dr. Harry Radousky is currently the Deputy Division Leader for the Materials Science Division at LLNL. He has published over 100 papers in the areas of magnetism, superconductivity, high pressure physics, optical materials, energy harvesting, and nanomaterials. Administratively at LLNL, he has previously served as Deputy Director for the University Relations Program, Division Leader for Recruiting Programs, and Program Director for the Visiting Scientists Program. These included concurrent appointments as the founding Director of the LLNL Materials Research Institute from 1997–2000, Director of Lab Collaborations at UCOP from 2001–2002, Scientific Editor for Science & Technology Review from 2005–2007, Program Manager of the Lawrence Fellows Post-Doctoral Program from 1997–2009, and the Program Manager of the Lawrence Scholar Graduate Student Program from 2003–2009. Dr. Radousky has also spent time on assignment at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab in their Technology Transfer Department and as a Visiting Scientist in the Illinois Applied Research Institute the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. He holds an adjunct appointment as Professor of Physics at the University of California, Davis, and since 1996 has periodically taught a freshman seminar on the Physics of Baseball.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow of the American Physical Society
- Science Citation Classics—among the top 10 cited works in Materials Science for the decade 1992–2002
- LLNL Chemistry and Material Science Associate Director Award (March 2004): For 3 outstanding papers on optical materials published in Physical Review Letters within 9 months.
- Editorial Board – AdvNanoEnergy
- Appointed to the APS Committee on Fellowships (01/2018–12/2020)
Selected (Recent) Publications
- 2019, Batikan Koroglu, Marco Mehl, Jonathan C Crowhurst, Joseph M Zaug, Timothy P Rose, Harry B Radousky, Michael R Armstrong, Experimental and modeling study of chemical-based strategies for mitigating dust formation in fusion reactors, Plasma Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion, 61 (4), 045007.
- 2020, Alexander A. Baker, Richard Thuss, Nathan Woollett,1alyssa Maich, Elissaios Stavrou, Scott K. Mccall, and Harry B. Radousky, Cold Spray Deposition of Thermoelectric Materials JOM 72, 2853–2859.
- 2020, B Koroglu, Z Dai, M Finko, MR Armstrong, JC Crowhurst, D Curreli, H. B. Radousky, Experimental Investigation of Uranium Volatility during Vapor Condensation Analytical Chemistry 92 (9), 6437-6445.
- 2020, HB Radousky, MR Armstrong, RA Austin, E Stavrou, S Brown, … Melting and refreezing of zirconium observed using ultrafast x-ray diffraction, Physical Review Research 2 (1), 013192.
- 2020, E. N. Weerakkoday, D. G. Weisz, J. C. Crowhurst, B. Koroglu, T. Rose, H. B. Radousky, , R. L. Stillwell, J. R. Jeffries, and N. G. Glumac, Time Resolved Formation of Uranium and Silicon Oxides Subsequent to the Laser Ablation of U3Si2 , Spectrochimica Acta Part B: Atomic Spectroscopy, 170, 10592